Opex efficiency strategies for operators
16 December 2021 | Research
Strategy report | PPTX and PDF (30 slides) | Operator Investment Strategies
The accelerating number (and scale) of network deployments, along with the roll-out of new technologies such as cloud-native architectures, 5G and fibre networks, will put operators under pressure to manage increasing operational complexities and costs. To maximise opex efficiencies, operators should adopt a holistic approach and look for savings beyond the network.
This report answers the following questions.
- How will automation and cloudification affect productivity and overall costs?
- How will a wider range of organisations affect telecoms operators’ operational costs for network and cloud sharing and hosting?
- How are operators’ efforts to address sustainability concerns affecting costs and profit margins?
- How are staffing/productivity/automation levels affecting costs and profit margins? What effect has the COVID-19 pandemic had on these areas?
- How is operators’ overall opex changing and why?
Operators can achieve operating cost efficiencies by targeting three different areas within their organisation
For more information, read our associated article here.
Changes in the structure of the telecoms market: threats and opportunities for operators
The lack of incentives for building 5G standalone networks is setting a very slow deployment pace
DISH needs more compatible devices in order to capitalise on its 5G spectrum investment