Public edge: worldwide forecast 2022–2027
19 April 2023 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (12 slides); Excel | Edge and Media Platforms
This report provides data centre, hardware and software and professional services spending forecasts for public edge nodes from 2022 to 2027. The market will grow at a CAGR of 21% from USD3.1 billion in 2021 to USD10.2 billion in 2027. This growth will be initially fuelled by public cloud providers and carrier-neutral data centre providers. Operators and content delivery network providers will drive increasingly large percentages of demand in the last 3 years of the forecast.
This forecast report provides:
- a detailed, 6-year worldwide forecast for spending in the public edge market, split into:
- three main edge sub-segments: interconnect, metro and industrial
- four capex categories: data centre, hardware, software and professional services
- eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP), Latin America (LATAM), the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), North America (NA), Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE)
- an examination of the key market drivers and how they will affect spending during the forecast period
- analysis of the business environment and regional dynamics that will influence the automated assurance market
- a detailed market definition
- recommendations for communications service providers (CSPs) and vendors.
Leveraging cloud-native technology: CSP strategies for success in the 5G private market
The programmable network: the value proposition and use cases for enterprises
Edge cloud tracker 2Q 2023