Radio access networks: worldwide forecast 2020–2028
03 February 2023 | Research
Caroline Gabriel Grace Langham
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (12 slides); Excel | Next-Generation Wireless Networks
This report provides forecasts for addressable revenue for vendors in the radio access network (RAN) sector for 2020–2028. The RAN market is in a state of considerable flux, driven by 5G and the start of the migration to standalone and virtualised architectures, as well as massive MIMO. All these changes will create revenue growth opportunities for the ecosystem, but will also require new approaches to deployment, integration and services.
This report provides:
- a detailed worldwide forecast for spending in the RAN market, split into the following:
- three site types: macro, micro and small cell
- four architecture types: integrated, centralised, virtualised and Open RAN
- two network types: 5G and non-5G
- four product types: antennas, basebands, xNFs and cloud infrastructure
- two delivery types: product and professional services (PS)
- eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP), Latin America (LATAM), the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), North America (NA), Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE)
- an examination of the key market drivers and how they will affect spending during the forecast period
- analysis of the business environment and regional dynamics that will influence the market
- a detailed market definition
- recommendations for MNOs and vendors.
Contact usDenotes mandatory fields
Log in to check if this content is included in your content subscription.
DownloadsSample pages (PDF) Data annex sample (XLSX)
MWC 2023: Open RAN demonstrates progress amid many challenges
Open RAN testing: challenges must be addressed before widespread deployment can be achieved
Fyuz 2022: TIP members want a more collaborative and diverse community