Rural coverage initiatives: case studies and analysis
26 April 2023 | Research
Grace Langham Michela Venturelli
Case studies report | PPTX and PDF (17 slides) | Operator Investment Strategies
This report analyses the approaches that stakeholders such as operators, governments, industry bodies, regulatory practices and private investors are taking to improving rural coverage. The analysis is based on a series of case studies that reflect different strategies. The report also provides recommendations for stakeholders that are interested in getting involved in a rural coverage initiative and want to understand which strategies have been used by other projects, the challenges they may have faced; and the success and/or progress of each initiative.
Questions answered in this report
- What is the rationale behind rural coverage initiatives?
- What are the main approaches/strategies taken by stakeholders?
- Who are the stakeholders and partners involved in rural coverage initiatives?
- What are the benefits and drawbacks of the approaches?
- Have rural initiatives been successful and/or beneficial in terms of closing rural coverage gaps?
Case studies included in this report
|Network-sharing initiatives||Public-private projects|
Contact usDenotes mandatory fields
Log in to check if this content is included in your content subscription.
DownloadsSample pages (PDF)
Rural coverage initiatives: stakeholders can learn from the successes and failures of past efforts
Operators view cost saving and coverage as the two main drivers for network sharing
New-entrant strategies in the mobile market: lessons for incumbents