Transport networks: a technology and investment framework
16 August 2022 | Research
Framework report | PPTX and PDF (20 slides) | Next-Generation Wireless Networks
The transport networks market is changing and being disrupted in response to new broadband demand patterns and new network architecture. We forecast that operator spending on transport networks will reach USD41.5 billion in 2023. The vendors that are successful in this growing market will be those that identify the biggest growth segments while understanding how spending will shift to new players and business models.
Key questions answered in this report and accompanying Excel file
- How is the transport networks market structured and where are the biggest areas of spending growth?
- How will deployment and ownership of transport networks change in the period to 2027?
- How will the increasing capacity demands affect transport network architecture and product requirements?
- How will network convergence drive changes in transport architecture and operating models?
- How will the 5G xHaul market evolve in the period to 2027?
- Which vendors are active in this market and which areas of the network are they focusing on?
Transport network vendors by type, 2022
5G deployment numbers are growing in EMAP and SSA despite regulatory barriers
SpaceX and T-Mobile focus on direct satellite-to-smartphone to improve mobile coverage in remote areas
Ericsson and Nokia are focusing on enterprise for new growth but have vulnerabilities that rivals will exploit