Combining private networks and edge computing: the opportunity for operators
03 December 2021 | Research
Strategy report | PPTX and PDF (8 slides) | Private Networks
Private networks and edge computing are hot topics for telecoms operators, but the take-up of solutions that combine the two as been low to-date. Operators need to develop a strategy to drive demand and win a high share of that demand, even though they will mostly be reliant on partners for the technology itself.
This report provides:
- data on the take-up of combined edge computing and private networks solutions
- details of the challenges facing telecoms operators as they enter this market
- suggestions for how operators can be proactive in promoting their solutions
- ideas for how operators can differentiate their offers
- a longer-term perspective on how operators can benefit from the move to the greater use of the wide network for private connectivity and edge computing solutions.
Hub One: a private LTE/5G networks case study
Le Havre Smart Port City project: a private LTE/5G networks case study
Fierce Wireless’s E5G utilities panel: LTE private networks are increasingly meeting utilities’ needs