Smart home electric meters, ubiquitous surveillance cameras, connected Porsches – all are in our M2M future and all are in this M2M forecast report from Analysys Mason.
The global market for machine-to-machine (M2M) device connections will grow from 62 million devices in 2010 to 2.1 billion devices in 2020. With a year-on-year growth rate of between 36% and 52%, M2M seeks to be one of the fastest-growing connectivity sectors in the next decade.
All participants in the M2M supply chain – from chip manufacturer to communication service provider to application vendor – have the opportunity to spearhead this M2M growth. With growth in the number of mobile handsets slowing in the developed world, M2M presents itself as the one of the next opportunities to connect commercial and consumer devices.
That being said, the supply chain for creation and sales of these M2M solutions is long and complex. The complexity in the supply chain adds costs to these solutions and hinders the development of many M2M solutions.
Machine-to-machine device connections: worldwide forecast 2010–2020 answers your key questions:
- What is the global demand for M2M device connections in the next decade?
- What industry sectors will show the highest levels of M2M growth?
- Which regions of the world will show the highest levels of M2M growth?
- What are the drivers of M2M growth?
- What challenges does M2M face in its supply chain?