Fixed–mobile mergers and acquisitions: case studies and analysis
11 January 2021 | Research
Case study | PPTX and PDF (18 slides) | Fixed–Mobile Convergence
Operators offering both fixed and mobile services have started to bundle and cross-sell parallel services through fixed–mobile convergence (FMC) offers, thereby putting pressure on standalone operators. This has led to a wave of consolidation across Europe in order to preserve revenue and realise cost-related synergies.
Key questions answered in this report
- What is the rationale behind M&A between predominantly fixed and predominantly mobile operators?
- What are the main cost and revenue synergy expectations that operators have after fixed–mobile M&A?
- How have operators marketed their consumer propositions after M&A?
- How has performance been affected by M&A?
- BT/EE (UK)
- VodafoneZiggo (Netherlands)
- Deutsche Telekom/Liberty Global (Austria)
- Tele2/Com Hem (Sweden)
- Vodafone/Liberty Global (Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary and Romania)