Government spending on space
This report details the where, the what and the why of government spending opportunity globally across civil, military and beyond Earth orbit space activity. Assessing key countries investing in space by geographic region, NSR’s Government Spending on Space examines how civil and defense spending is represented across core space goals.
The global geo-political landscape has rapidly shifted through the 2020s. Recession fears continue as nation-states work to address the impacts of the COVID-19 Pandemic, the ramifications of the Ukrainian War and instability concerns. As use-cases and accessibility of space-based assets develop, the number of Nation States active in the Space & Satellite sector will continue to grow. However, as macroeconomic headwinds increase unease, investment funding opportunities decrease meaning now companies face mounting challenges to ensure financial solvency. NSR’s Government Spending on Space (GSS) evaluates and reports the essential trends and developments ready to shape short-term regional space investment budgets.
Key questions answered in this report
- Which nation-states are investing in space?
- What are the current trends in Government spending on space?
- What factors will drive spending in the short-term (1-3 years)?
- Is Defense or Exploration the current focus of Nation State spending and will this continue?
Who should purchase this report
- Commercial Government and Military Suppliers and Service Providers
- Government and Military Procurement Departments
- Investors and Financial Analysts
- Commercial Exploration Focused Suppliers and Service Providers
- Nation state Government Space Strategists
Hughesnet versus Starlink: clash of the satellite internet giants in North America
Satellite manufacturing and launch markets, 4Q 2023 update
SpaceX: satellite launch service provider