OTT communication services in developed Asia–Pacific: consumer survey
This report uses consumer survey data to identify which over-the-top (OTT) communication and social media apps are the most popular in developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP). It also assesses which OTT communication app features are used the most and identifies the barriers to VoIP adoption.
- Most-used communication apps in developed Asia–Pacific
- Pockets of growth that remain in the OTT communication market
- App features that are used the most on communication apps
- How consumers balance their use of OTT communication apps with that of traditional services
- Consumers’ preferred channels for communicating with brands
Survey data coverage
The survey was conducted in association with Dynata between August and September 2021. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-internet-using population in developed Asia–Pacific. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were 1000 respondents per country.
- New Zealand
- South Korea
Analysys Mason's annual consumer survey tracks and measures consumers’ changing telecoms and media habits, device ownership, connectivity options and future plans
Business A2P messaging will continue to migrate away from SMS, but operators can help to stem the flow
Third-party communication apps and RCS deployments: trends and analysis 2023
Application-to-person vendor tracker