Connected Consumer Survey 2020: OTT communication and social media services in developed Asia–Pacific
This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of smartphone users in developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP). In particular, it focuses on respondents' usage of over-the-top (OTT) communications and social media services.
- identifies which communication apps are used the most in developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP)
- highlights the pockets of revenue growth that remain in the OTT communication market
- identifies which OTT communication app features are used the most
- discusses the ways in which consumers in DVAP balance their use of OTT VoIP services with that of operator voice services
- identifies consumers’ preferred channels for communicating with brands.
Survey data coverage
The research was conducted between August and September 2020. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-internet-using population in DVAP. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were a minimum of 1000 respondents per country.
- New Zealand
- South Korea
Connected Consumer Survey
Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey tracks and measures consumers’ changing telecoms and media habits, device ownership, connectivity options and future plans.
BiP offers operators the chance to upgrade their digital services and compete with global OTT players
The CPaaS market continues to consolidate
Connected Consumer Survey 2020: OTT communication and social media services in emerging Asia–Pacific