Connected Consumer Survey 2020: OTT communication services in the Middle East
This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of smartphone users in the Middle East. In particular, it focuses on respondents' usage of over-the-top (OTT) communication services.
- identifies which communications apps are used the most in the Middle East
- highlights the pockets of growth that remain in the OTT communication market
- identifies which features are used the most on communication apps
- discusses the ways in which consumers balance their use of OTT communications with that of traditional services
- identifies consumers’ preferred channels for communicating with brands.
Survey data coverage
The research was conducted between August and September 2020. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-internet-using population in the Middle East. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were a minimum of 750 respondents per country.
- Saudi Arabia
Connected Consumer Survey
Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey tracks and measures consumers’ changing telecoms and media habits, device ownership, connectivity options and future plans.
BiP offers operators the chance to upgrade their digital services and compete with global OTT players
The CPaaS market continues to consolidate
Connected Consumer Survey 2020: OTT communication and social media services in emerging Asia–Pacific