Social media services: consumer survey
31 January 2023 | Research
Survey report | PPTX and PDF (18 slides); Excel | Future Comms
This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason’s annual consumer survey that relate to smartphone users' behaviour, preferences and plans in Europe, North America, emerging and developed Asia–Pacific and South Africa. It focuses on respondents’ usage of the following social media services: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok.
- Correlation between Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok penetration and gender, age and household income
- Penetration of social media services across Asia–Pacific, Europe, North America and Sub-Saharan Africa
- Historical trends of social media penetration, broken down at the country level, using previous Analysys Mason consumer survey data
Survey data coverage
The survey was conducted in association with Dynata between August and September 2022. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-internet-using population in Europe, North America, Asia–Pacific and South Africa. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were at least 1000 respondents in each country.
- Western Europe (WE): France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden and the UK
- Central and Eastern Europe (CEE): Poland and Turkey
- North America (NA): Canada and the USA
- Developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP): Australia and New Zealand
- Emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP): Malaysia and the Philippines
- Sub-Saharan Africa: South Africa
Contact usDenotes mandatory fields
Log in to check if this content is included in your content subscription.
DownloadsSample pages (PDF) Data annex sample (XLSX)
Analysys Mason's annual consumer survey tracks and measures consumers’ changing telecoms and media habits, device ownership, connectivity options and future plans
As COP27 closes, CSPs can help consumers to address concerns about both the cost of living and the environment
LeapXpert: messaging orchestration services
OTT communication services in the Middle East: consumer survey