Our specialist consultants provide policy support to governments for high-speed and gigabit broadband deployment.
Broadband has been identified by governments, and regional and local authorities as being central to underpinning future economic growth and social welfare.
We work with clients to help them to understand the role they can play in broadband stimulation and market development, and how to build strategies and implementation plans to ensure that maximum benefits are realised.
We support clients on broadband intervention schemes and are fully conversant with best practice to minimise market distortion while maximising private sector investment.
In Europe, we are pre-eminent advisors on all aspects of European Union (EU) state aid.
How we can help
- strategic objectives and requirements analysis: working with clients to develop the underlying rationale for the project
- options analysis: incorporating a wide range of factors from commercial, technical, partnering, financing and operational models
- market research: expert interviews with end users to determine short- and medium-term requirements for the network
- cost–benefit analysis: including quantified assessment of potential benefits arising for the network
- business planning: detailed analysis of potential revenue and associated costs
- financing: considerations of a wide range of structuring options including public–private partnerships and potential sources of funds
- business case development: following approved government best-practice methodologies
- state aid: including development of formal notification documents for presentation to the European Commission (EC), and taking the lead role or support in presenting cases to EC officials
- considerations for public sector aggregation: including an analysis of multi-party requirements, and potential cost synergies from aggregation
- engaging with industry: both potential users of the network as well as potential bidders
- technical analysis: technology roadmaps, network options and associated capital and operating costs, and assessment of future-proofing and expandability
- procurement design, implementation and evaluation: we have employed the latest public-sector procurement techniques recommended for highly complex broadband procurements including the EU competitive dialogue process
- demand stimulation strategy and planning: to complement the implementation of broadband deployment, we provide demand stimulation strategy and planning advice to maximise the value of any public sector intervention investment by helping to ensure market take-up.
Analysys Mason is the technical adviser to the Irish government’s National Broadband Plan
The problem Analysys Mason is lead technical adviser to the Irish government for the technical stra...Analysys Mason is the technical adviser to the Irish government’s National Broadband Plan
We were engaged by the Government of Mozambique to elaborate a national broadband strategy
Analysys Mason was engaged by the Government of Mozambique to elaborate a national broadband strateg...We were engaged by the Government of Mozambique to elaborate a national broadband strategy
Ireland provides a leading example of a national broadband plan that others are likely to follow
FTTH/FTTB in the EU: why and how local monopolies may get regulated
Video providers should consider using a hybrid business model in crowded markets