The SME Strategies research programme looks at opportunities for telecoms operators, and the vendors that support them, to sell solutions to small and medium-sized enterprises. The programme explores the developments in the traditional voice and data connectivity business, and investigates the options for telecoms operators to sell additional services, from pay TV to cloud computing. We examine how operators can differentiate their offerings from those of other network providers and third parties. The programme also provides details of the vendors that will support these options.
As with our other enterprise-related research programmes, our research is underpinned by:
- a large, primary research programme. As an ongoing research exercise, we ask enterprises about their usage of services, their opinion of these services and of the companies that provide them
- detailed forecasts for revenue and adoption of the key enterprise services
- strategy reports and comments that make recommendations for operators, based on examples and case studies from around the world.
- Channel strategies. We explore the different approaches to selling to and supporting the SME market.
- Strategies for new product areas. We assess the products that form the best complement to the traditional portfolio and how best telecoms operators can differentiate these services.
- Strategies for new traditional products. Telecoms operators are keen for the established product set not to be commodity products. We examine how telecoms operators can differentiate their services and compete on more than price.