Fixed Broadband Services
The Fixed Broadband Services research programme provides detailed competitive and forward-looking information about the market size, potential and competition within the fixed broadband and voice market. In particular it focuses on price competition, demand for fibre, NGA and 5G fixed-wireless, and the size of the market opportunity for home broadband and associated services.
This programme includes detailed forecasts of:
- FTTx coverage, conversion and capex
- fixed broadband subscribers and spend, by access technology including 5G fixed-wireless.
- How to drive fibre take-up, including price positioning, speeds, installation experience based on best practice from operators worldwide.
- Wireline churn and customer retention, customer priorities and satisfaction levels including primary research data.
- Potential for fixed broadband growth in emerging markets.
- Best practice for development of value-added services to accompany fixed broadband connectivity.
There is still scope for many operators to reduce their fixed broadband churn rates
FTTP migration tends to reduce churn, but the impact is nuanced and may be weaker than generally perceived
Fixed broadband churn metrics 1Q 2021