Connected Consumer Survey 2017: OTT and digital economy services in Middle East and North Africa
06 March 2018 | Research
This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of smartphone users in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). In particular, it focuses on respondents' usage of over-the-top (OTT) communications and digital economy services.
This report answers the following questions.
- Which OTT communications apps are used most in MENA?
- How does consumer usage of OTT communications services compare with the use of traditional services in MENA?
- What are the main payment mechanisms for ecommerce in MENA?
- Which organisations are consumers in MENA most willing to trust with their personal data?
- What are the trends in operator-led mobile money service usage in MENA?
Survey data coverage:
The research was conducted from August to October 2017. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-Internet-using population in MENA. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were 4500 respondents in the region.
- Saudi Arabia
Ayoba and Moya Messenger offer new partnership opportunities for operators in Sub-Saharan Africa
Connected Consumer Survey 2020: OTT communication services in Africa
The pandemic has not led to many strategy changes for operators, but some aspects require a rethink