Digital infrastructure: worldwide forecast 2018–2022
21 January 2019 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (22 slides); Excel | Digital Infrastructure Strategies
"CSPs will start to implement cloud-native digital infrastructure in earnest to prepare for 5G; this will lead to the growth of the CSP digital infrastructure market to USD42.1 billion by 2022 (2017–2022 CAGR of 25%)."
This report provides software, hardware and professional services forecasts for communications service provider (CSP) spending on digital infrastructure for 2018–2022. The growth in spending on cloud computing will taper off, while spending on both NFV and SDN will grow strongly (CAGR of 13%, 48% and 39%, respectively) as the total digital infrastructure market grows to USD42.1 billion by 2022.
This forecast report provides:
- a detailed, 5-year worldwide forecast for spending in the digital infrastructure market, split into:
- three market segments: NFV, SDN and cloud computing
- three market sub-segments: hardware, software and professional services
- eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE); developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP); Latin America (LATAM); the Middle East and North Africa (MENA); North America (NA); Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE)
- an examination of key market drivers and inhibitors, and how they will change during the forecast period
- analysis of the business environment and regional dynamics that will influence the digital infrastructure market
- a detailed market definition
- recommendations for communications service providers (CSPs) and vendors.
5G cloud-native software solutions: vendor case studies
Operator opportunities and threats in the public edge cloud computing market
MNO and vendor strategies for deploying the cloud-native 5G core