Predictions from Analysys Mason Research for the telecoms, media and digital economy markets in 2019
19 December 2018
Analysys Mason Research provides its annual telecoms, media and digital economy predictions highlighting which trends will make an impact in the next 12 months.
For additional detail around each prediction, download our free predictions paper. Click on the download module on the right.
Here are the headline predictions for 2019 from Analysys Mason Research:
- 5G: there will be many commercial 5G launches but consumers will not notice
- IoT: the market for IoT connectivity will continue to develop and new models will appear
- Enterprises: operators will buy IT operations to expand portfolios and there will be many SD-WAN launches
- Small and medium-sized businesses: this market will streamline with DaaS and cloud apps
- Homes: the battle for control of the emerging home ecosystem will intensify
- Digital transformation: operators will offer mobile apps for customer care, and will push into edge computing and network slicing
- Artificial intelligence: automation will lead operators to cut jobs and MSPs will capitalise on the needs of SMBs
- Investor value: business simplification initiatives will enable telecoms operators worldwide to reduce headcount
View our latest research covering these predictions: Analysys Mason TMT research