IoT forecast: connections, revenue and technology trends 2022–2031
06 February 2023 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (18 slides) | IoT Services
The total number of IoT connections worldwide will increase from 2.2 billion at the end of 2021 to 7.0 billion in 2031. The knock-on effects of the COVID-19 pandemic continue to disrupt the IoT market, but connections growth will continue to be in the double digits for most of the forecast period.
This report provides:
- 10-year forecasts for the number of IoT connections and revenue, split by sector
- analysis of technology trends including the number of 2G, 3G/4G, 5G, NB-IoT, LTE-M and ‘other LPWA’ connections and connectivity service revenue worldwide by application
- an overview of the key industry sectors for IoT and their share of IoT connections and revenue
- discussion about the longer-term impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic and which sectors are affected
- data on the IoT revenue generated worldwide from hardware, applications and connectivity services.
Full country level coverage of the forecasts is included in Analysys Mason's DataHub.
Click below to take you to the latest dataset if you are logged in and it is part of your subscription. The DataHub interface will only show you the data to which you are subscribed.
Contact usDenotes mandatory fields
Log in to check if this content is included in your content subscription.
IoT/M2M revenue and connections tracker 4Q 2022
MWC 2023: private networks received more attention than IoT, despite several interesting new IoT ventures
IoT connections and revenue will grow at a steady pace despite supply chain disruptions and economic worries