The easy-to-use interface and intuitive filtering allows you to analyse data for thousands of metrics at the click of a mouse.
Log in to access DataHub, or contact us to discuss adding DataHub to your subscription.
News and main features
30 October 2023: The ‘Telco’ historical dataset was completed to 2Q 2023 for all regions, and the person-to-person (P2P) communications services forecast was fully refreshed for Europe.
In September 2023, Analysys Mason launched a new, cloud-hosted version of the DataHub, with enhanced responsiveness and greater capacity. Along with these technical developments, we expanded the DataHub with a second portal, the 'SMB Technology Forecaster', to compliment the existing data in the 'Telco' portal.
- The 'Telco' portal has over 2800 metrics in the 'Actuals' and 'Forecast' tabs, providing data on the commercial activity of telecommunications operators. Financial values are available in USD, EUR or local currency.
- The 'SMB Technology Forecaster' portal contains forecasts of business spending on ICT, with around 120 000 metrics available in total.
- You can view on-screen charts to analyse trends and make comparisons between markets and operators, export your data to Excel and save and reload your saved searches.
- Report landing pages on the Analysys Mason website include direct links to the DataHub and the data for each report.
The data that you can see in the DataHub is determined by your subscription.
DataHub is constantly expanding in scope. It includes the entire suite of data associated with the Regional Markets research practice, as well as datasets from other 'Telco' topic research programmes and the SMB Technology Forecaster.
The 'Telco' portal is split into two main sets of data: the 'Actuals' tab provides operator and country data and is updated quarterly while the 'Forecasts' tab provides a number of forecast datasets, which are updated fully each year, with frequent partial updates in between.
The 'Telco actuals' tab provides country and operator data from the Regional Markets research programmes, including Financial KPIs, and European Telecoms Market Matrix. Key market data is provided for 83 countries and around 600 operators. Data is updated quarterly, and provided for years, quarters and some half-years. We also include fixed–mobile convergence (FMC) metrics for 19 countries.
The telco core forecasts provide country data from the following research programmes: European Core Forecasts, Asia–Pacific, The Middle East and Africa, Americas and Global Telecoms Forecasts. These forecasts use around 200 standardised metrics to give a comprehensive overview of key market developments in 82 countries, and provide aggregated results for 8 regions and the whole world (over 90 geographies in all). We provide an additional 170 metrics for Europe.
The 'Telco forecasts' tab also includes an expanding set of granular topic datasets (see below for details).
- IoT forecasts (1300+ metrics, 90+ geographies). Granular IoT forecasts, split by IoT sector, revenue stream and technology. Click here for information about the assumptions, definitions and methodology used in our IoT forecasts.
- Business forecasts (700+ metrics, 60+ geographies). Granular forecasts for businesses, split by enterprise size categories.
- Pay-TV forecasts (100+ metrics, 60+ geographies). Forecasts of pay-TV households, services and spend, split by pay-TV service delivery platform.
- Communications services forecasts (100+ metrics, 70+ geographies). Forecasts of voice and messaging services by technology (traditional/IP), and operator/OTT player.
- Data network traffic forecasts (around 40 metrics, 50+ geographies). Forecasts of fixed and wireless network data traffic by technology and device.
- Fixed–mobile convergence (FMC) forecasts (around 20 metrics, 18 geographies). Forecasts for the adoption of, and revenue from, FMC services.
SMB TECHNOLOGY FORECASTER
The SMB Technology Forecaster dataset carries around 120 000 metrics, which provide forecasts of business demand for over 130 ICT categories up to 2028. Demand is expressed in terms of spending, shipments and installed base. All metrics are segmented by 13 size categories and 19 industry verticals, and spend is also categorised by 5 routes to market. Data is available for 65 geographies, including 52 individually-modelled countries, 8 regional/worldwide totals and 5 'rest of region' results. Subscription to this data is available in 6 modules (subsets of the data with the focus on particular clusters of technologies).
Watch our video demonstration of DataHub
The ‘Telco’ historical dataset was completed to 2Q 2023 for all regions, and the person-to-person (P2P) communications services forecast was fully refreshed for Europe.
|Latest 'Telco' core forecast versions||Publication date||Based on historical data up to:||Status|
|Worldwide||4 October 2023||2Q 2022|
|North America||4 October 2023||1Q 2023|
|Latin America||7 September 2023||3Q 2022|
|Emerging Asia–Pacific||7 September 2023||2Q 2022|
|Developed Asia–Pacific||7 September 2023||1Q 2023|
|Middle East and North Africa||7 September 2023||4Q 2022|
|Sub-Saharan Africa||7 September 2023||3Q 2022|
|Central and Eastern Europe||22 June 2023||2Q 2022|
|Western Europe||21 June 2023||2Q 2022|
|Latest 'Telco' actuals data||Publication date||Historical data up to:||Status|
|Middle East and North Africa||23 October 2023||2Q 2023||NEW|
|Latin America||22 October 2023||2Q 2023||NEW|
|Emerging Asia–Pacific||22 October 2023||2Q 2023||Refreshed|
|Sub-Saharan Africa||22 October 2023||2Q 2023||NEW|
|North America||13 October 2023||2Q 2023|
|Developed Asia–Pacific||12 October 2023||2Q 2023|
|Western Europe||10 October 2023||2Q 2023|
|Central and Eastern Europe||10 October 2023||2Q 2023|
|Financial KPIs (all regions)||4 October 2023||2Q 2023|
'Telco' core and topic forecasts have different update cycles. These publication dates reflect the latest changes to 'Telco' core forecasts.
Please refer to the List of metrics (available from About the DataHub menu) for full details of update versions.
'Refreshed' indicates a minor change to an existing dataset, whilst "NEW" indicates a full new version.
Croatia adopted the Euro on 1 January 2023, so we are now showing local currency results for Croatia in EUR.
This update includes new core historical data to 2Q 2023 for the Middle East and Africa and Latin America.
We recently enhanced our European core data coverage by introducing new metrics which clearly distinguish between retail and network subscribers for each mobile operator. We now have two metrics for both total connections and market share for European countries, as follows:
|Metric name (new metrics in italics)||Operator allocation|
|Mobile|Connections|total – retail basis||Retail basis|
|Mobile|Connections – market share|total||Network basis|
|Mobile|Connections – market share|total– retail basis||Retail basis|
The total market results for both measures of connections are identical. The retail and network metrics only differ in the way that subscribers are allocated to operators:
- Network basis: when customers subscribe to a service provided by a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO, an operator without their own network infrastructure), that customer relationship is recorded as belonging to the network operator which hosts the MVNO.
- Retail basis: customer relationships are recorded as belonging to the retail provider, be that mobile network operator (MNO) or MVNO.
We have undertaken a remodelling exercise for all Western European mobile markets (now including Greece and Portugal) in order to show the data for the larger MVNOs individually. For Central and Eastern European countries, all MVNOs are clustered into a single entity. For non-European countries, operator subscribers and market share are reported on a network basis only.
This release includes the Communication Services forecast (OTT/P2P) update for Europe. It includes updated launch dates of VoWiFi, VoLTE and Operator IP services. It also uses internal Analysys Mason consumer survey data to inform OTT (third-party app) messaging, tablet data and operator IP forecasts. The VoWiFi forecast was also remodelled.
NEXT UPDATE (Telco actuals and forecasts)
The next update will include historical data to 3Q 2023 as well as core forecasts for Europe and emerging Asia–Pacific (based on 2Q 2023 data).
A full list of previous updates is available here.
The new cloud-hosted DataHub was launched on 30 September 2023
The DataHub application has been updated and is now hosted on the cloud. You can find out more about the new features and revised functionality in the DataHub application.
SMB TECHNOLOGY FORECASTER DATASET
The SMB Technology Forecaster is a valuable tool that helps clients to forecast, inform and validate their marketing and channel strategies with precision and confidence.
The dataset carries around 120 000 metrics and provides forecasts of business demand for over 130 ICT categories up to 2028. Demand is expressed in terms of spending, shipments and installed bases. All metrics are segmented by 13 size categories and 19 industry verticals and spend is also categorised by 5 routes to market. Data is available for 65 geographies, including 52 individually-modelled countries, 8 regional/ worldwide totals and ‘rest-of’ region results.
Data for all geographies was updated in July 2023 and is based on historical data up to 1Q 2022.
- 20 October 2023
- 30 September 2023
- 12 September 2023
- 13 July 2023
- 3 July 2023
- 23 June 2023
- 26 May 2023
- 11 May 2023
- 20 April 2023
- 5 April 2023
- 3 March 2023
- 16 February 2023
- 31 January 2023
- 21 December 2022
- 3 November 2022
- 5 October 2022
- 26 September 2022
- 5 August 2022
- 14 July 2022
- 20 June 2022
- 12 May 2022
- 25 April 2022