Telecoms capex: worldwide trends and forecast 2017–2026
26 March 2020 | Research
Forecast | PPTX and PDF (34 slides); Excel | Operator Investment Strategies
This report forecasts all aspects of telecoms operator capex between 2017 and 2026, a time of significant change in networks and business models. Fibre-to-the-premises deployment will be pervasive after 2022, so wireline investment will fall, and increased spending on 5G will only partially balance that decline, leading to an overall fall in capex from 2022.
Key questions answered in this report
- What will the overall trends in telecoms capex be between 2017 and 2026 and what are the drivers for investment?
- For which technologies or architecture will communications service provider (CSP) spending grow, and for which will spending decline?
- How will CSPs’ different business models affect their approaches to investment, and will some shift budgets more heavily towards opex?
- How much capital spending will be made by non-traditional CSPs or by wholesale providers such as towercos?
- How will new digital architecture affect capex during the 2020s?