Consumer 5G use cases: operator strategies for mobile gaming
12 January 2021 | Research
Strategy report | PPTX and PDF (23 slides) | Mobile Services| Video, Gaming and Entertainment
5G should enhance the opportunity for operators to generate revenue from gaming, and gaming should enhance the attractiveness of 5G. For this to be realised, operators must define the right strategy.
This report answers the following questions.
- How can operators monetise the growing consumer consumption of video games?
- Does 5G enable operators to play a unique role in gaming?
- How much revenue can gaming services generate for operators and how does the revenue break down by devices, and B2C and B2B services?
- What does the value chain for gaming look like and what role do operators play?
- How are early-moving operators using gaming to sell 5G?
Addressable opportunity for operators from 5G-enabled mobile gaming and their potential roles in the value chain, worldwide, 2020–2025
Source: Analysys Mason
Contact usDenotes mandatory fields
Log in to check if this content is included in your content subscription.
DownloadsSample pages (PDF)
MWC 2023: consumer services were underrepresented, but there were several interesting initiatives
Operators should be cautious about deploying unlimited mobile data plans
stc pay is the most popular operator-branded mobile wallet in the Gulf region, according to our survey