NFV use cases: worldwide forecast 2019–2023
10 June 2020 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (7 slides); Excel | Cloud Infrastructure Strategies
There was a significant increase in the number and scale of network functions virtualisation (NFV) deployments in 2019, particularly in the mobile core domain. 5G preparations and roll-outs will be the major driver of new NFV investments in vPacket Core and vIMS/VoLTE. vCPE spending will have the highest growth rate (CAGR 54%) as communications service providers (CSPs) gain operational expertise, simplify and automate service ordering and increase education in the enterprise market.
This report takes the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic into account.
This report provides:
- a detailed, 5-year worldwide forecast for CSP spending by NFV use case, split into:
- four use case categories: vEPC, vIMS, vCPE and other use cases
- four service types: consumer mobile, consumer fixed, business mobile and business fixed
- three market sub-segments: software, hardware and professional services
- eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP), Latin America (LATAM), the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), North America (NA), Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE)
- an examination of the key market drivers and inhibitors, and how they will change during the forecast period
- recommendations for CSPs and vendors.