OTT communication services in Europe and the USA: consumer survey
24 March 2022 | Research
Survey report | PPTX and PDF (12 slides); Excel | Future Comms
This report uses consumer survey data to identify which over-the-top (OTT) communication and social media apps are the most popular in Europe and the USA. It also assesses which OTT communication app features are used the most and identifies the barriers to VoIP adoption.
- Communication apps that are used the most in Europe and the USA
- Areas of growth that remain in the OTT communications market
- Features that are used the most on communication apps
- Consumers' balance of their use of OTT communications with that of traditional services
- Preferred channels for communicating with brands
Survey data coverage
The survey was conducted in association with Dynata between August and September 2021. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-internet-using population in Europe and the USA. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were at least 1000 respondents per country (2000 in the USA).
Analysys Mason's annual consumer survey tracks and measures consumers’ changing telecoms and media habits, device ownership, connectivity options and future plans
As COP27 closes, CSPs can help consumers to address concerns about both the cost of living and the environment
LeapXpert: messaging orchestration services
OTT communication services in the Middle East: consumer survey