Segmenting the gaming market for telecoms operators
Operators have struggled to identify a segmentation for the gaming market that will enable them to optimise their position in the value chain. Effective segmentation can lead to new revenue, 5G and fibre upselling and an increase in retention.
This report provides:
- a segmentation of consumers that helps operators to maximise the direct and indirect benefits from being involved in the gaming sector
- insight into the gaming habits of each category of gamer and an overview of how their spending behaviour differs
- analysis of the benefits to telecoms operators of being involved in the gaming market
- an understanding of how partnerships between operators, hyperscalers and gaming providers benefit all parties
- an outline of the different approaches that telecoms operators can take to engage with different segments of gamers.