Digital service opportunities for operators: worldwide trends and forecasts 2019–2024
23 March 2020 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (21 slides); Excel | Digital Economy Strategies
"The digital services market is expanding quickly, but it is dominated by well-established service providers; operators will need to make significant investments if they decide to compete with these players."
Operators’ digital service revenue will account for 4.7% of all revenue from mobile services worldwide by 2024. Revenue will grow most quickly in emerging Asia—Pacific and the Middle East and North Africa, but most revenue from digital services will come from operators in North America.
This report provides:
- worldwide and regional revenue forecasts for the following vertical markets:
- mobile money and payments (m-money)
- mobile commerce (m-commerce)
- digital advertising
- mobile identity management (IdM)
- an estimate of the revenue that operators could accrue from each of these verticals in each region
- analysis of key trends in each vertical market and region
- discussion of strategic measures that operators could implement to capture a greater share of the revenue from digital services in each region.
Facebook’s investment in Jio Platforms is likely to pave the way for a super app in the mould of WeChat
COVID-19: telecoms operators will not be immune to the impact of the outbreak – recovery could take up to 4 years
COVID-19 scenarios for telecoms operator service revenue: worldwide forecasts 2019–2024