Westminster eForum Policy Conference: The future of the wholesale voice market
James Allen, Partner, Analysys Mason, will be joining the panel discussion ‘Stakeholder perspectives on the future of the wholesale voice market - competition, modernisation, and the impact of Ofcom’s National Telephone Numbering Plan’ as part of the Westminster eForum policy conference The future of the wholesale voice market - regulation, network modernisation, consumer satisfaction, and moving towards an all IP-based landline system, being held online, 7 December 2021.
About the event
This conference will be an opportunity to discuss priorities for network modernisation and ensuring competition in the sector, as well as the practical challenges of moving to an all IP-based landline system.
Sessions in the agenda look at:
- the Wholesale Voice Markets Review:
- with a keynote contribution from Brian Potterill, Director, Mobile Network Strategy, Ofcom
- evaluating key stakeholder perspectives on competition, modernisation, and Ofcom’s National Telephone Numbering Plan
- consumers - assessing the impact of changing habits and the use of landline and mobile services, addressing the problem of scam calls, evaluating the termination rate cap, and ensuring the best deal for service users
- an all IP-based landline system - priorities for tackling the practical challenges for migration, infrastructure, regulation, and communication with consumers and business