Digital service opportunities for operators: worldwide trends and forecasts 2020–2025
25 March 2021 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (21 slides); Excel | Digital Services
The expansion of the digital services market is accelerating and some operators have made significant investments to compete with the dominant digital service providers. This report examines the potential revenue growth that operators can expect to achieve if they decide to establish themselves in the digital service value chain.
This report provides:
- worldwide and regional revenue forecasts for the following vertical markets:
- mobile money and payments (m-money)
- mobile commerce (m-commerce)
- digital advertising
- mobile identity management (IdM)
- an estimate of the revenue that operators could accrue from each of these verticals in each region
- analysis of key trends in each vertical market and region
- discussion of strategic measures that operators could implement to capture a greater share of the revenue from digital services in each region.
Connected Consumer Survey 2020: digital services in Africa
The pandemic has not led to many strategy changes for operators, but some aspects require a rethink
The post-pandemic landscape: the impact of COVID-19 and opportunities for telecoms operators