5G mobile launch strategies: case studies and analysis
21 February 2020 | Research
Case study | PPTX and PDF (24 slides) | Mobile Services
"There is currently no sign of a 5G 'killer app', but operators can do more to use their video assets and partnerships and associate 5G with differentiated quality and exclusivities."
This report analyses the different strategies adopted by operators when launching a 5G mobile service for consumers. The report also outlines the best practices for launching 5G and provides recommendations for mobile operators around the world.
This report answers the following questions.
- What are the different approaches adopted by mobile operators for launching consumer 5G mobile services?
- What are the pros and cons of various pricing approaches such as volume-based pricing, speed tiering and service-based pricing?
- What types of content and value-added services can be bundled into 5G tariffs?
- What types of 5G smartphones are available and at what prices? How can operators facilitate customers’ acquisition of expensive handsets?
- What are the early results of mobile 5G launches?
The following companies are featured in case studies.
Facebook’s investment in Jio Platforms is likely to pave the way for a super app in the mould of WeChat
Operators in SSA should support the migration to 4G to address consumers’ desire for faster speeds
Operators should act quickly to secure a key position in the cloud-gaming value chain