Operator strategies for edge computing
02 December 2021 | Research
Strategy report | PPTX and PDF (22 slides) | Enterprise Services
This report explores the issues that telecoms operators face when developing a strategy for edge computing. It outlines the decisions that operators need to make and what their options are, and provides some recommendations.
For more information, see the associated article here.
Key questions answered in this report
- What should operators’ edge computing offers look like?
- When should services be launched?
- How can edge combine with other services that operators offer, such as private networks, security and cloud?
- How can operators differentiate their offers, especially given that they are likely to rely on third-party technology suppliers?
- Which technology vendors should an operator work with?
- What are the arguments for working with hyperscalers like AWS and Azure?
Challenges that operators face in the edge computing market
Source: Analysys Mason
Business revenue tracker 3Q 2023
Operators should build 5G into existing enterprise propositions rather than develop new 5G solutions
Operator strategies for monetising public 5G enterprise services