M2M and IoT via satellite
19 September 2023 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (30 slides); Excel; CSV | Satellite Strategies for Telcos
This report analyses the long-term prospects for satellite IoT and M2M communications, and the changes in market dynamics due to substantial competition entering the market in the short term. The report also provides recommendations for satellite operators and MNO/MVNOs to leverage partnerships and technology integration with newly released 5G 3GPP standards.
Key questions answered in this report
- What will be the impact of new 3GPP releases on 5G satellite IoT?
- What are the opportunities for MNOs and MVNOs to capture new non-terrestrial network (NTN) markets?
- What are the market forces behind adopting various satellite IoT technologies?
- Which use cases will experience the strongest growth during the coming decade?
- How will legacy IoT satellite operators adapt to a new low-ARPU and competitive environment?
Who should read this report
- Satellite service providers
- Legacy and small-satellite operators
- IoT chipset makers
- Wireless trade associations
- Mobile network operators (MNOs) and mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs)
- Satellite and terrestrial IoT integrators, service providers and distributors
This report and the associated data annex provide forecasts for:
- eight verticals: transport and cargo, maritime, oil and gas, mining, utilities, agriculture, construction, other IoT
- five regions: worldwide, North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Asia
- a first-ever segmentation between proprietary IoT waveforms (including legacy MSS operators), 5G and standards-based waveforms, and VSAT IoT offerings.
Satellite direct-to-device market, 4th edition
Rural broadband connectivity: challenges, opportunities and case studies for satellite connectivity
Satellite direct-to-device: a new differentiator and growth engine for mobile operators