Residential demand for the metaverse: consumer survey
06 December 2022 | Research
Survey report | PPTX and PDF (9 slides); Excel | Video, Gaming and Entertainment
The concept of the metaverse is entering mainstream conversation. This survey report focuses on consumers’ understanding of the metaverse. It explores the demographics of consumers that are interested in the metaverse, the level of understanding of these consumers and why they are valuable. It also considers what this might mean for telecoms operators.
Topics analysed in this report
- Consumers' grasp of what the metaverse is
- Interest in the metaverse, by demographic
- Relationship between gaming and the metaverse
- How telecoms operators can prioritise satisfying the needs of metaverse-interested consumers
The survey was conducted in association with Dynata between August and September 2022. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the internet-using population in selected countries around the world. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were at least 1000 respondents per country.
- Western Europe (WE): France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden and the UK
- Central and Eastern Europe (CEE): Poland and Turkey
- North America (NA): Canada and the USA
- Developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP): Australia and New Zealand
- Emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP): Malaysia and the Philippines
- Africa: South Africa
Contact usDenotes mandatory fields
Log in to check if this content is included in your content subscription.
DownloadsSample pages (PDF) Data annex sample (XLSX)
Analysys Mason's annual consumer survey tracks and measures consumers’ changing telecoms and media habits, device ownership, connectivity options and future plans
Consumer survey: price erosion threatens fixed and mobile operators in the USA
Operator growth strategies: digital services beyond connectivity remain of interest for many operators
Ireland: consumer survey