Streaming video opportunities in Europe: consumer survey
21 February 2022 | Research
Survey report | PPTX and PDF (13 slides); Excel | Video, Gaming and Entertainment
This survey report focuses on how consumers engage with streaming video services, which we have previously referred to as OTT video services. It presents data on how bundling streaming video services affects customer satisfaction and churn intention, customers’ willingness to pay for streaming video, the growth in password sharing and how the demographics of streaming video users are changing.
Topics covered in this report
- Service stacking (that is, the use of multiple streaming services per person) and how it is changing
- Consumers' future spending on streaming video
- Advice on where and how operators can capture future growth in streaming video consumption
- Account sharing for streaming video services and how much of a problem this is
- Relationship between bundling video services with telecoms services and its impact on churn and customer satisfaction
- Penetration of Amazon Video, Disney+ and Netflix in Europe
The survey was conducted in association with Dynata between August and September 2021. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the internet-using population in Europe. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were at least 1000 respondents per country.
- Western Europe (WE):
- Central and Eastern Europe (CEE):
Analysys Mason's annual consumer survey tracks and measures consumers’ changing telecoms and media habits, device ownership, connectivity options and future plans