Connected Consumer Survey 2020: TV and video services in developed Asia–Pacific
01 March 2021 | Research
Survey report | PPTX and PDF (17 slides); Excel | Video, Gaming and Entertainment
This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason’s Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of consumers in their use of pay-TV and OTT video services in developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP). The COVID-19 pandemic appears to have significantly accelerated existing trends in video consumption.
This report provides:
- new consumer insights derived from 3000 respondents in 3 different countries
- detailed information about consumers' changing use of TV and video services
- insight into OTT video service usage and how this relates to the use of pay-TV services
- content and genre preferences for users of different types of pay-TV and OTT video services
- analysis of consumers' priorities, preferences and the factors that affect their satisfaction.
Survey data coverage
The survey was conducted in association with Dynata between August and September 2020. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the internet-using population in Australia, New Zealand and South Korea. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were a minimum of 1000 respondents per country.
- New Zealand
- South Korea
Connected Consumer Survey
Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey tracks and measures consumers’ changing telecoms and media habits, device ownership, connectivity options and future plans.