Understanding the cyber-security solutions market for small and medium-sized businesses: results from our survey – video
21 November 2019 | Research
Tom Rebbeck, Research Director, and Igor Babić, Analyst, presented these slides as a webinar on Thursday 7 November 2019. They discussed how vendors and service providers can be more successful in the small and medium-sized business market.
Overview of the webinar
Small and medium-sized firms face many of the same risks as large enterprises; indeed, the impact of a security breach can be greater for smaller organisations and can even threaten their existence.
Businesses are aware of these risks; in our survey, even the smallest enterprises expressed an interest in improving their cyber-security capabilities.
However, many vendors and service providers are struggling to address the small and medium-sized business market.
This session is based on our recent survey of almost 3000 businesses and covers the following.
- The use of, and interest in, a range of security solutions, highlighting differences by business size and region.
- Cyber-security incidents, challenges and future plans. Businesses in middle- and high-income countries share similar views on the threat landscape, but face very different challenges in developing their security capabilities.
- Security vendors and how well they service small and medium-sized businesses.
- The security opportunity for telecoms operators. Our survey shows that they are well-positioned to serve businesses with cyber-security products.
- Spend on security and how businesses expect this to change.
Operators’ reporting shows signs of business revenue growth and highlights effective growth strategies
Cloud-based voice and unified communications: operator strategies for SMEs
Operator strategies for pricing mobile services for small and medium-sized enterprises