The market for cyber security solutions that are sold to small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs, or businesses with up to 1000 employees) is large – at around USD50 billion in 2019 and growing rapidly (at over 10% each year).
Despite this, often little attention is given to this lower end of the business market. Analysys Mason's Cyber Security research programme is designed to redress this balance by exploring the security needs of SMBs, the challenges that they face when buying security products, and the strategies that security vendors can employ when selling to SMBs.
Analysys Mason's Cyber Security research programme is designed to help:
- security vendors (companies that offer endpoint, network, mobile, cloud, email and other related security solutions)
- technology services vendors that participate in the cyber security market (for example, managed service providers and systems integrators)
- telecoms operators that offer security services.
- provides detailed market forecasts for business spend on different types of security services
- helps security vendors understand routes to market and the structure of the market
- helps vendors develop their strategy to address the SMB market
- helps telecoms operators understand their addressable market within the security space.
As with our other business-services-related programmes, our research is supported by a survey of nearly 3000 businesses across 10 countries worldwide.
COVID-19-related remote working is driving growth in SMBs’ use of and spending on cyber-security solutions
Hornetsecurity: cyber security
SMB security spending worldwide: trends and forecasts 2020–2025