Digital service opportunities for operators in emerging Asia–Pacific: trends and forecasts 2018–2023
22 March 2019 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (6 slides); Excel | Digital Economy Strategies
"Operators' revenue from digital services is expected to increase at a CAGR of 47% between 2017 and 2023, but they will need to compete with well-established digital service providers."
This report provides an outlook on the digital economy services in emerging Asia–Pacific. It provides revenue forecasts for mobile money (m-money) and payments, digital advertising, mobile commerce (m-commerce) and mobile identity management (IdM).
This report provides:
- regional revenue forecasts for the following vertical markets in emerging Asia–Pacific:
- mobile money and payments
- digital advertising
- mobile commerce
- mobile identity management
- an estimate of the revenue that operators in emerging Asia–Pacific could accrue from each of these verticals
- analysis of key trends in each vertical market in emerging Asia–Pacific
- discussion of strategic measures that operators could implement to capture a greater share of the revenue from digital services in emerging Asia–Pacific.
Facebook’s investment in Jio Platforms is likely to pave the way for a super app in the mould of WeChat
COVID-19: telecoms operators will not be immune to the impact of the outbreak – recovery could take up to 4 years
COVID-19 scenarios for telecoms operator service revenue: worldwide forecasts 2019–2024