Digital service opportunities for operators in Europe: trends and forecasts 2018–2023
21 March 2019 | Research
Forecast report | PPTX and PDF (7 slides) | Digital Economy Strategies
"We predict that operators’ digital services revenue in Europe will increase to 1.4% of the total mobile service revenue by 2023."
This report analyses the size of four key digital vertical markets for operators in Europe. It includes revenue forecasts for mobile money (m-money) and payments, digital advertising, mobile commerce (m-commerce) and mobile identity management (IdM).
The report also includes the estimated revenue that telecoms operators can accrue from each of these verticals. An analysis of the key trends in each vertical market is included, as is a discussion of the strategic measures that operators could implement to capture a greater share of the digital services revenue that is expected.
This report and data annex provide:
- regional revenue forecasts for the following vertical markets in Europe:
- mobile money (m-money) and payments
- digital advertising
- mobile commerce (m-commerce)
- mobile identity management (idM)
- an estimate of the revenue that operators could accrue from each of these verticals
- analysis of key trends in each vertical market in Europe
- discussion of strategic measures that operators could implement to capture a greater share of the revenue from digital services in Europe.
Facebook’s investment in Jio Platforms is likely to pave the way for a super app in the mould of WeChat
COVID-19: telecoms operators will not be immune to the impact of the outbreak – recovery could take up to 4 years
COVID-19 scenarios for telecoms operator service revenue: worldwide forecasts 2019–2024