Connected Consumer Survey 2019: OTT communication services in Europe and the USA
06 March 2020 | Research
Survey report | PPTX and PDF (8 slides); Excel | Future Comms
"Most of the new OTT communications and social media users in Europe and the USA will be smartphone users aged 55 and above."
This report focuses on aspects of Analysys Mason's Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of smartphone users in Europe and the USA. In particular, it focuses on respondents' usage of over-the-top (OTT) communications and social media services.
- identifies which communications apps are used most in Europe and the USA
- highlights the pockets of growth that remain in the OTT communications market
- identifies which app features are used the most on communication apps
- discusses the ways in which consumers balance their use of OTT communications with that of traditional services
- identifies consumers’ preferred channels for communicating with brands.
SURVEY DATA COVERAGE:
The research was conducted between July and August 2019. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-internet-using population in Europe and the USA. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were a minimum of 1000 respondents per country.
Facebook’s investment in Jio Platforms is likely to pave the way for a super app in the mould of WeChat
COVID-19 is revolutionising digital communications and testing providers’ reliability and ability to innovate
Connected Consumer Survey 2019: OTT communication services in the Middle East