6G R&D tracker 1H 2023
The tracker includes over 100 entries from over 360 actors worldwide, including national governments, operators, vendors and academic organisations. Entries include government policy, R&D programmes, labs, testbeds, R&D partnerships, technological developments and memorandums of understanding. Each entry records information including the actors involved, a summary of the R&D, the region and country, dates of announcements, funding amounts, timelines and any KPIs mentioned.
The document features six sheets.
- 6G tracker - this sheet contains detailed data on 6G R&D plans and projects.
- Organisations - this sheet contains an overview of major organisations actively working on 6G R&D.
- Key word taxonomy - this sheet contains our categorisations of specific key words.
- Technology development stages - this sheet explains the key words used to classify the stages of technology development for projects in the tracker.
- Glossary - this sheet contains explanations on acronyms used for organisations and technologies.
- List of all actors - this final sheet outlines all actors mentioned in our tracker.
This tracker also includes filters for easy navigation and a three-tiered taxonomy of key words to allow streamlined sorting of information. It also includes a navigation guide for user ease.
Reducing and reporting CO2 emissions: operators must ‘do better’
Operators must increase their ESG data reporting in the face of increasing legislative pressure
Environmental KPI tracker: 50 telecoms operators worldwide