Mobile payments and commerce in developed Asia–Pacific: consumer survey
07 March 2022 | Research
Survey report | PPTX and PDF (8 slides); Excel | Digital Services
This report focuses on how consumers in developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP) engage with mobile financial services. It presents data on mobile payments, mobile commerce and consumer attitudes towards data harvesting by various service providers including digital economy players.
- Major e-commerce trends in DVAP, including the type of devices that consumers use to purchase goods online and the barriers to further m-commerce penetration
- Payment mechanisms favoured by consumers for e-commerce and physical commerce
- Use of m-wallets for physical commerce
- Most popular m-wallet solutions in the region
- Organisations that consumers in the region are most willing to trust
Survey data coverage
The survey was conducted in association with Dynata between August and September 2021. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-internet-using population in developed Asia–Pacific. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There were at least 1000 respondents per country.
- New Zealand
- South Korea
Analysys Mason's annual consumer survey tracks and measures consumers’ changing telecoms and media habits, device ownership, connectivity options and future plans