The programmable, cloud-native network: a target architecture for operators
13 November 2023 | Research
Strategy report | PPTX and PDF (20 slides) | Cloud Infrastructure Strategies
Traditional networks are siloed, expensive to build and to automate and too inflexible to support future services. Operators must accelerate the disaggregation of software-based network functions from physical infrastructure and invest in an open and cloud-native programmable network platform (PNP) to safeguard their networks for the future.
Key questions answered in this report
- What is operational technology (OT) transformation and what is the impact of introducing key IT transformation to the network?
- Why is the network separating into physical infrastructure and a PNP?
- What are the benefits of a cloud-native PNP?
- Which network domains are moving fastest to becoming cloud-native?
- What are the critical success factors for implementing a PNP?
Please see our associated report Programmable network platform: communications service providers’ progress and market forecast 2023–2030.
Juniper: AI networking
Serverless computing: reducing computing costs for communications service providers
Programmable network platform: communications service providers’ progress and market forecast 2023–2030