Telecoms software and services: worldwide market shares 2020
20 December 2021 | Research
Market share report | PPTX and PDF (28 slides); Excel | Telecoms Software Market Shares
The telecoms software and services market grew by 0.9% in 2020 due to growth in spending on network automation and orchestration and data, AI and development platforms. 5G readiness is a major driver of new spending on communications service provider (CSP) software systems; the roll-out of new OSS and BSS to support 5G standalone is underway.
This report provides market share data for CSP spending on telecoms-specific software systems and related services for 2020. It provides details of how the spending varied by delivery model, vendor and region.
Key questions answered in the telecoms software and services market share report
- What was the overall size of the the telecoms-specific software and services market and what drove this spending among CSPs?
- How did the spending vary across seven different market segments?
- Who are the major vendors, what is their share of revenue in the market, and which vendors’ shares are growing or shrinking and why?
- What are the different drivers and growth rates of CSP spending on products and professional services?
Who should read this report
- Vendor and systems integrator strategy teams that need to understand where growth is slowing and where it is increasing across different market segments.
- Product management teams that are responsible for feature functionality, geographical focus or professional service offerings, and product marketing teams that are responsible for market-share growth.
- Market intelligence teams at vendors that want to understand how their competitors compare to each other.
This report and associated data annex provide:
- detailed market share data for the telecoms software and services market, split by:
- seven segments: automated assurance, customer engagement, data, AI and development platforms, monetisation platforms, network automation and orchestration, service design and orchestration and subscriber data management
- two delivery types: product and professional services
- eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP), Latin America (LATAM), the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), North America (NA), Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE)
- a summary of key developments in the market overall
- a detailed market definition
- recommendations for vendors.