MVNO hosting: commercial and technical framework
Project experience | Consulting
In order to defend against its competitors' aggressive MVNO strategies, an incumbent mobile operator in South-East Asia decided to set up an MVNO business unit. Analysys Mason was engaged to provide strategic, commercial and technical framework support.
A key focus of the project was to define a strategy that would avoid cannibalisation of the retail customer base.
We also provided support in negotiations with a specific MVNO partner.
The project's deliverables included:
- a review of the existing MVNO strategy and recommendations
- a detailed framework of commercial and technical engagement models
- guidelines for the engagement approach with potential MVNO partners
- an assessment of current platform capabilities, evaluation of MVNE offers and recommended technical delivery model
- recommending an operational approach and processes.
We developed commercial, technical and operational strategies.
The results were presented to the client's Board of Directors to secure funding for development of the platform and an MVNO team.