Customisable total addressable market (TAM) model for an MSP-focused vendor
Project experience | SMB IT
- Our client wanted to assess the total addressable market (TAM) for its products and solutions that are sold to, and through, MSPs that serve the small and medium-sized business (SMB) space.
To understand the relevant market size and opportunity, we:
- conducted two concurrent quantitative studies in 8 countries (Australia, France, Germany, Poland, Singapore, Sweden, UK and the USA). We tracked usage and spending on business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) processes (on-premise backup and endpoint backup), Azure Cloud Backup, remote monitoring and management software, professional service automation and managed networking. The two studies were grouped as follows:
- MSP-focused survey of n = 625 respondents
- SMB-focused survey of n = 850 respondents
- built the TAM assessment model in the following three phases:
- discovery: gathering requirements and agreeing on the process
- development: setting up the data sources and building the model
- evaluation: testing and fine-tuning the model.
Figure: Products included
- We applied data from our findings and from Analysys Mason’s SMB Technology Forecaster to a customisable model and established the TAM for our client’s products.
- The final report and data were used to set sales targets for high-growth segments by business size and region. The report also supported funding discussions with existing and potential investors.