Sizing the channel partner market
- The client, a global security solutions vendor, was interested in understanding the size of the overall managed service provider (MSP) and reseller market in countries in mature Asia–Pacific (M APAC) or emerging Asia–Pacific (E APAC), Latin America, North America and Western Europe by different splits such as revenue and number of employees of end users/customers.
To create a desired partner list, we:
- conducted desk research to understand and scope the MSP/reseller markets within the desired regions
- created a comprehensive database of the approximate number of MSPs and resellers in each geography, and split it by:
- partner/reseller revenue
- end-user/customer segment (small or medium-sized business (SMB))
- number of employees of end users/customers.
Figure: Market sizing for MSPs/resellers in selected geographies
- We provided a user-friendly excel pivot tool showing overall partner and reseller numbers in each region
- The pivot included filters for type of partner (MSP/reseller), end-user segment (SMB), number of employees and country.